Job Title: Purchasing Clerk
Opening Date: March 15, 2023
Closing Date: March 22, 2023
Exempt: No Reports to: Controller
Supervisory: No Salary: $13.00 ph
The Purchasing Clerk is under the supervision of the Controller. The incumbent is responsible for coordinating purchases of gaming and non-gaming supplies with department managers.
To perform this job successfully and effectively, the incumbent must be able to achieve essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ensure safety of customers and employees at all times.
- Alcohol and drug free while on duty.
- Knowledgeable of the MICS and NIGC Rules and Regulations as it pertains to the Purchasing Department.
- Ability to work closely with all departments of Prairie Wind Casino, especially the Accounting Department.
- Be in continual communication with the Receiving Clerk to ensure the proper flow of incoming and outgoing supplies.
- Able to handle questions and complaints from all departments in a professional and timely manner.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all vendors that service the Casino.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in the practical application of Excel and other software.
- Report to work as scheduled, following the attendance policy at all times.
- Report all conflicts and their resolution to the General Manager in a timely and professional manner.
- Possess a valid S.D. Drivers License.
- Apply for and obtain a Support Gaming License.
- Provide verifiable reference (s) from previous employer (s).
- Provide verifiable training in computer business applications.
- Minimum of five years experience in Purchasing or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years Indian Gaming experience preferred.
- Provide proper documentation if claiming for Indian preference.
To explore these opportunities further, please inquire at Prairie Wind Casino Human Resources Department at 1-800-705-9463 or 867-8923.