JOB TITLE: Cook
OPENING DATE: Sept 2, 2022
CLOSING DATE: Sept 6, 2022
EXEMPT: No REPORTS TO: Lead Supervisor
SUPERVISORY: No SALARY: $10.00 ph
SUMMARY: The Line/Prep Cook is under the supervision of the Lead Supervisor. The incumbent shall be responsible for providing quality food products to customers and employees according to departmental policy. Incumbent shall adhere to the Restaurant Departmental Policy and Procedure manual, in addition to Prairie Wind Casino’s Policy and Procedure, as outlined in the Employee Handbook. Shall adhere to the MICS and NIGC Rules and Regulations as it pertains to the Restaurant Department, protecting the integrity and assets of Prairie Wind Casino at all times. Additionally, the incumbent shall be responsible for adhering to the State of South Dakota and Indian Health Service Codes in all areas of food and beverage service.
• Have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to bend and lift.
• Must wear back brace while lifting.
• Heavy lifting on daily basis.
• Heavy pulling/pushing.
• Must pass an alcohol and drug test.
• Apply for and obtain an OST Support Gaming License.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Must have current Food Handlers certificate and/or able to obtain one.
• A minimum of three years experience in food preparation preferred, with emphasis in fine dining preferred.
• Have a verifiable reference from previous employer.
• Have the proper documentation if applying for Indian Preference.
• Have a DD-214 if applying for Veteran Preference.
To explore these opportunities further, please inquire at Prairie Wind Casino
Human Resources Department at 1-800-705-9463 or 867-8923.