SUMMARY: The Coffee Shop Barista is under the supervision of the Asst. Restaurant Manager, and is responsible for the preparation of hot and cold beverages. Shall be required to read, implement, and adhere to all Prairie Wind Casino Policies and Procedures, OST Ordinance 94-01, Tribal/State Gaming Compact, NIGC Minimum Internal Control Standards, Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, OST Minimum Internal Control Standards, Title 31 Minimum Internal Control Standards, Prairie Wind Casino Employee Handbook, Department Policy and Procedure Manual, and the State of South Dakota and Indian Health Service Health Codes.
- Have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend and lift.
- Exposure to loud and continual noise levels and a smoke-filled environment.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Must apply for and obtain an OST Support Gaming license.
- Must have current Food Handlers certificate.
- H.S. Diploma or GED certificate preferred.
- Must have good math, money handling skills, and the ability to make and count change.
- Must present a professional manner and appearance at all times
- Must have at least 1 year experience in food preparation and service
- Must provide verifiable reference from previous employer.
- Possess good working knowledge of food preparation equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in using cash register and snack-bar related equipment.
- Must have ability to interact with guests, co-workers, and management in a professional and courteous manner.
To explore these opportunities further, please inquire at Prairie Wind Casino
Human Resources Department at 1-800-705-9463 or 867-8923.